Friday, February 28, 2014

March 1st, 2014


March 1st , 2014

I have officially arrived back in Japan!

All of my flights, layovers, etc. went really well. Well mostly. I was a little concerned that I'd miss my flight to Nagoya from Tokyo because I had to get though customs, security, claim my baggage, recheck my baggage and find my gate all in like 45 minutes.....
But I made it - praise the Lord.
The exchange rate was really good too, so that made me happy. But then the teller guy accidentally gave me too much yen but didn't realize it till after I boarded my plane in Chicago. So he ended up calling me and whatever, but said it was fine since it was too late anyways.

I probably looked like deaths cousin when I arrived though; I only slept a total of 3 hours (max) of the 20+ hours of travel. But anyways, I'm pretty much settled now in the church/basement of the Bostrom's home, I've unpacked and yeah.

It all still feels very surreal – probably because it happened so fast but I'm sure it will sink in eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You made it! Wow....only 45 minutes to do all that stuff in Tokyo? Craziness....PTL you made your connection! Sounds like you're all settled in now. Keep us updated!! Praying for you! <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete