Friday, April 13, 2012

Hands of Time

4-14-11

Well.....
I'm currently at the Nikko Narita Hotel in Tokyo once again.

Yesterday was really really hard. Bryan convinced Craig to let us work yesterday morning instead of sticking around camp until it was time to go to the train station. So we got to finally finish Shoji-san's house, finally got to work with the incredible Lesley, and be there for the dedication. From there we were taken right to the station – I was the only person in the whole station covered in sheetrock dust – it was awesome. But yeah, I don't know that I have ever been so emotionally drained in my whole life. So hard to say goodbyes.

One cool thing - the Sakura here in Tokyo are in full bloom. They are so beautiful!
So, last night Grace and I went outside and were taking pictures (the trees were all lit up) and were throwing handfuls of the petals everywhere. It was pretty fun.

Anyways, my flight doesn't leave here until 3:40pm so right now I'm hanging in my hotel room drinking Starbucks and killing some time until we take the bus to the airport at 11 something. And then I don't get home until 1pm (still today), it's gonna be weird – time travel seriously screws up your brain.

Well, that kinda brings us to the end of this journey. Thank you everyone so much for your prayers and support – I can't wait to talk to you all in person! And I'll try and keep you posted on what the Lord is gonna do next.

---
"The Hands of Time keep moving forward..."
---
"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, 

a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, 

a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, 

a time to keep and a time to throw away, 

a time to tear and a time to mend, 

a time to be silent and a time to speak, 

a time to love and a time to hate, 

a time for war and a time for peace....
I know that everything God does will endure forever; 
nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it."

-Ecclesiastes 3:1-9 & 14a









No comments:

Post a Comment