Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Winds of Change

4-11-12

New record – Two blog posts in one day! Whoo!

I just couldn't end on that sort of depressing note – Especially after a day like today.
For devotions this morning Jon talked by walking by faith and trusting God even when it's dark all around you. And he said something that really hit me – When you feel like you've just lost everything is the moment right before God acts. And literally I was like – That's me. That's right now!
So it got me thinking, watching for the Lord to act on my behalf. And He did.
I had an amazing day today! At our first break I got some more information on what SP is going to be doing and what's going on with the new 'phase' they're entering – I got super excited! I'm excited to go home, and excited to come back and be a part of SP's Phase 2 in Japan later this year. Did more drywall today - most of it worked pretty good for me. Justin and I joked around most of the day, as he was working on the inside of a closet while I drywalled the outside. Michael spent quite a bit of time on the phone today and is going for an interview tomorrow to potentially be an english teacher - so excited for him! We still haven't finished our house.....

Just got back from a little shopping trip. Katie and Faith took Grace and I to the store and then surprised us by taking us out to dinner. It was so cute of them! We went to this restaurant called The Surprised Donkey (we all laughed about the name.) but the truly surprised ones were us! We had stake for dinner, and then a super weird ice cream thing for dessert - it had green tea stuff, pudding, ice cream, sesame crackers, and beans in it. Very strange. Very Japanese. So yeah that was pretty much my day. Tomorrow's that last day of work.

Mmmhmm...... The Lord is so good. In everything. It's been so amazing to see Him working here everyday, and to be a part of the body of Christ here – moving and being the physical hands and feet of Christ.


I'm gonna miss it all but I'm excited to see what the Lord will do next in my life - And I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am praying for you so much! I know it will be HARD to leave but I also know God has incredible things in store for you, and this is part of the plan! I can't wait to see what He will do next in/with your life! :)
    It has been super fun to hear the joy and see your shining face while you've been there... your love for the Japanese is beautiful and God-given.
    See you soon....can't wait to hear more about it and see pictures!
    Have a wonderful last few days!
    <3 Kelsey

    ReplyDelete