Tuesday, April 10, 2012

On Shifting Sands

4-11-12

I feel rather like I'm standing on shifting sand right now.
My request to stay longer here in Japan got denied, so I will be leaving Shichigahama on Friday.
It's been rather tough trying not to be really disappointed, but the Lord is good, and everything that He does happens for a reason. It's going to be really hard to leave here though.

Last night we had an all girls party in one of the cabins – with puzzles, ice cream, fire, great conversation, and many good laughs. Got to hear the amazing stories of Faith and Katie's family – who came many years ago as missionaries, and the ways that God has prepared the way for them. Also got all the information on the school that their family runs and what it takes to be a teacher there – they were super disappointed when they hear that I was leaving this week and I wouldn't be able to intern at the school ( not that that was ever an option), it was super sweet.

Today we are hoping to finnish Shoji-san's house. We are so close to done!
We are also kind of combing teams and I think Lesley's team is starting on Justin' next house, so I may get to work one day there.

It's kind of a hard time right now. Preparing to leave work that I love, a place that has become home, and say goodbye to all the people who have become family. Please keep me in your prayers.

This will probably be my last post from Shichigahama – so until next time.

Sayonara  

2 comments:

  1. Though I miss you and am very excited to see you, I'm so sorry you weren't able to stay longer. I was wishing you would be able to since you wanted to so badly. I know how hard it is to leave a place like that when you'd rather stay. I have prayed for you at least once every day you've been gone and I will continue to do so. May God give you joy and peace no matter the circumstances! Looking forward to seeing you again! Love you!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it must have been really a disappointment since you were hoping to stay longer...But, like you said, God is good and He is in charge of your paths and future.

    I can't wait to see you! Hope you have a wonderful last few days and a blessed trip home!

    Love,

    L.J.

    ReplyDelete